Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice is seeking a Senior Digital Strategist to join our growing Digital practice! As the Senior Digital Strategist on our team, you’ll use your persuasive and creative writing ability to bring awareness to key mission priorities and galvanize target audiences to action in support of stated business objectives.
In this role, you’ll work alongside an experienced Creative Director and Graphic Designer, reporting to our Senior Advisor for Digital.
The position is based in Washington, DC, salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience, with generous benefits. Position will be remote until the pandemic has subsided, and staff returns to the office.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Write. A LOT! You’ll oversee the drafting, implementation, and quality assurance checks of email, organic social, digital ad, SMS, and other digital assets to achieve program goals.
- Craft strategy, participate in content planning meetings, and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute digital assets across channels.
- Analyze performance metrics and offer testing and optimization recommendations to deepen engagement and inform creative development.
- Troubleshoot technologies, research new solutions, and work directly with platform support teams to proactively problem solve, as needed.
- Stay aware of the latest digital direct response trends that we can leverage to innovate our digital program.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 5+ years of experience in digital direct response marketing.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
- Strong digital instincts and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with platforms like Action Network, Act Blue, New/Mode, Soapboxx or similar.
- Deep strategic understanding of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and a strong POV around strategies to engage audiences and grow social reach.
- Can learn quickly and independently.
- Can work quickly while balancing many priorities and tight deadlines.
- Shared commitment to the Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience executing SMS and paid media programs.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and source codes.
- A desire to take ownership and lead projects from start to finish.
- Interest in the progressive politics and/or judicial nominations issue space.
- Experience working with remote teams, prior to COVID-19 quarantine.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “SENIOR DIGITAL STRATEGIST” in the subject line.
Demand Justice is dedicated to building a team of diverse individuals and committed to providing a workplace of mutual respect and inclusion.
Demand Justice Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.